Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Book Review-Cherish the Past

3 1/2 Stars out of 5

***I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.***


This book was difficult for me. The first 50% of the book was rather dry. I'm not sure about the average reader, but I read books to escape my everyday life and find new worlds. The world created in this book was like the everyday life around me. A woman who marries her high school sweetheart, who quickly gets pregnant, who shares her pregnancy with her best friend, who deals with her husband being a jerk on a daily/weekly basis. I honestly didn't see anything that set this book apart from the life of someone living on my street. About the 50% mark, a few big changes happen and you think the book is going to make a turn. I was really hoping for the best!  And there were some really good parts with some rather tender moments. The last quarter of the book was honestly the best. I wanted to constantly put the book down, but since I promised to read the book I trudged on. In the end, I was glad I did just to see how it ended-however abrupt it was. 

If you are looking for a book that captures you one moment (literally) and you are putting down the next, this is for you. There was so much potential that could've been done with this storyline that just wasn't. For me, it fell short of what it could've been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment