Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bridge Over the Atlantic by Lisa J. Hobman



To put this book into words is so difficult.  It took you on a rollercoaster of emotions.  First, you feel so happy for the couple, then so sad.  I can honestly say that I have never cried when I have read a book before I read this one.  There is a companion book to this, "Bridge of Hope", which I will be reviewing next.  I felt to be fair that I had to read this book first to make sure that I understood what happened in the second book.  I am so glad that I read this one first!  What an amazing story of love and loss, gain and triumph.  

Mallory Westerman, who never thought much of herself in the looks department, somehow finds the love of her life in a Canadian transplant in Europe.  He convinces her of her true beauty and how much he truly loves her.  They make the typical plans to move in together and get married.  But, unfortunately, things don't always go as planned.  Unforeseen circumstances take Mallory's love from her and she is ultimately devastated.  She is in the midst of a move and meets the new people during her move who help her move on, including an annoying man named Gregory who can't seem to say or do anything right to help Mallory.  

You quickly sympathize with Mallory and want only the best for her, including love - which she doesn't feel worthy of.  The story flows easily and you want to know what happens next.  You easily get involved in the story and become a champion for all of the characters involved.  I would suggest this book to anyone who wants to read a true love story.  Sometimes it is worth the pain you have to go through to find the true love of your life.

Check back soon for the review to the companion book coming out soon:  Bridge of Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment